Save the Shipyard
Plan to attend the July 6th, 2005 BRAC Regional Hearing at the Massachusetts Convention and Exhibition Center,
415 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210
Maine and New Hampshire are tentatively scheduled to present their case from 1-5pm.
- Anyone who would like to attend this hearing is welcome to ride on one of the Save Our Shipyard Buses. There is NO COST to ride a Save Our Shipyard Bus, attend, and participate.
- The buses will transport everyone from specific areas in Maine and New Hampshire to the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
ORGANIZERS NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY WILL ATTEND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
TO SIGN UP NOW
1. Visit www.saveourshipyard.org and click on “Sign up here”, or create your own email to email@example.com. Anyone without access to the Internet may send a post card or note to Seacoast Shipyard Association, PO Box 1123 Portsmouth, NH 03802-1123 to sign up.
2. Type “bus” in web site box, or on your post card indicate how many will be traveling on a Save Our Shipyard Bus and if you plan to catch bus at ME or NH location.
3. The BRAC Commission has not yet provided specific details for the hearing schedule, however tentative specifics are as follows:
- Plan to be gone the entire day – Buses will load at 9:00 am for a 10:00 am departure to Boston and arrive back at their original departure site at approximately 6:30 pm.
- Busses will have two primary boarding locations; the corner of Walker Street & US Route 1 (old Sparkle Spot lot) in Kittery Maine, and Airport Terminal, Exeter Street, Pease International Trade Port in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Wear your Save Our Shipyard T-shirt if you have one. (If you don’t, we will provide one). DO NOT bring signs or banners, our T-shirts will provide all of our visibility.
- Bring a lunch; there are no food services available at the convention center.